Lion Brand Yarn Yarn
Family Owned Since 1878
We are a fifth generation, family-owned and operated business and one of the leading distributors of knitting and craft yarn in the United States, Canada and many countries around the world. We are a beloved brand since 1878.
Lion Brand Yarn - Spreading the Joy of Creating
Our mission is to spread warmth, comfort, and inspiration to the world by providing products and social engagement that promote the joy of knitting, crocheting and weaving. We are committed to our community!
Vision and Innovation in Products and Ideas
We offer innovative products, customer focus and a full range of information and resources for the knitting and crocheting community. We are relentless in creatively pursuing the next great idea and opportunity.
How much yarn do you need for your projects?
How much yarn do I need for my project?
This chart will give you an estimate of how many yards of yarn you will need for different types of projects, using different yarn weights. The yarn weight is listed across the top row and the project type is listed in the left-hand column. For example, if you are making a HAT with 3-Weight yarn, you will need 200-250 yards of yarn. Note: Yardages have been rounded up to account for differences between knit and crochet projects.
- COLORFUL YARN: Each cake of this thick yarn weighs 6 oz. (170 g) and is 106 yd. (97 m) long—large cakes of soft, chunky yarn!
- YARN FOR CRAFTS & CLOTHES: Make beautiful knitted or crocheted clothes, blankets, home decor, and more with our super-bulky yarn.
- FIBER COUNT: Made from 80% acrylic and 20% wool and rated CYC #6 super bulky, this blended wool yarn is great for any craft kit.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: This soft yarn can be dry-cleaned or is machine washable in cool water. It can also be dried at a low temperature. Do not iron.
- LION BRAND YARN: The perfect yarn for knitting and yarn for crocheting. We are committed to providing high-quality yarn to both beginner and expert crafters.