Uses: 1. Machine piecing: Gives a great result with a nice flat seam every time. 2. Hand piecing : A great weight for hand piecing. 3. Hand applique' : Ideal for all types of hand applique' . From needle turning to using prepared shapes, the 50wt is thin and you can match your shape perfectly. 4. Machine applique' : Ideal when a very fine finish is desired. This weight disappears so your fabric is the feature. Use for a straight stitch, small zig zag, Blind hemming stitch, and Blanket stitch. 5. Machine embroidery: Love it! Great results every time. Use Mako 50wt in the bobbin as well, or your regular bobbin thread – in which case tighten the top tension a little. Use a Microtex 80/12 needle. 6. Machine quilting: Use for very detailed machine quilting with a lot of back tracking such as feathers and heavy background quilting . Perfect for quilting that creates texture when you don’t necessarily want to see the quilting lines. Use the same thread in the bobbin. Use a Sharp/Microtex, quilting or even denim needles 80/12. 7. Longarm quilting: Perfect for creating texture where you don’t want the thread to be a feature. Backgrounds, stitch in the ditch, basting quilts, wholecloth quilting, micro quilting for dense background designs. Match bobbin thread.
- Three (3) Large 1422 Yard Spools - For Hand and Machine Piecing.
- Color: 3 spools of Aluminium Aluminum, No. A1050-2615
- Aurifil 100% Egyptian Cotton Mako Long Staple Thread - 50 wt. - Virtually Lint Free – Achieve Very Accurate Seam Allowances
- Aurifil 50wt Your Best Piecing and Appliqué Thread
- Spools are Brand New Sealed in Factory Shrink Wrap