Family Owned Since 1878
Lion Brand Yarn is a fifth generation, family-owned and operated business and an established distributor of knitting and craft yarn in the United States, Canada and many countries around the world. Lion Yarn is a beloved brand since 1878.
Lion Brand Yarn - Spreading the Joy of Creating
Lion Brand Yarn's mission is to spread warmth, comfort, and inspiration to the world by providing products and social engagement that promote the joy of knitting, crocheting and weaving.
Vision and Innovation in Products and Ideas
Lion Brand offers innovative products, customer focus and a full range of information and resources for the knitting and crocheting community. Lion Brand Yarn is relentless in creatively pursuing the next great idea and opportunity.
How much yarn do you need for your projects?
How much yarn do I need for my project?
This chart will give you an estimate of how many yards of yarn you will need for different types of projects, using different yarn weights. The yarn weight is listed across the top row and the project type is listed in the left-hand column. For example, if you are making a HAT with 3-Weight yarn, you will need 200-250 yards of yarn. Note: Yardages have been rounded up to account for differences between knit and crochet projects.
- BLENDED YARN FOR KNITTING & MORE: Each cake of this soft yarn for crochet or knitting projects weighs 3.5 oz. (100 g) and is 232 yd. (212 m) long.
- COTTON & BAMBOO YARN: Make beautiful knitted or crocheted clothes, home decor, pillows, and more with our beautiful yarn.
- FIBER COUNT: Made with 51% cotton and 49% bamboo and rated CYC #3 light, this lovely, lightweight knitting yarn is perfect for any craft kit.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: This colored yarn is machine washable in cool water. Tumble dry on low heat.
- LION BRAND YARN: The perfect yarn for knitting and yarn for crocheting. We are committed to providing high-quality yarn to both beginner and expert crafters.